Department of Organization (IOA)
Global People Management: Human Resource Management & Leadership (G)
Arbejdsmarkedsteori- og analyse (U)
In this example, the teacher is using ChatGPT as a learning tool in her two courses, Labour Market and Global People Management. She uses ChatGPT in both courses to help students reflect on and check their understanding of theoretical perspectives. She also encourages students to use ChatGPT as a sparring partner during group discussions to broaden their perspectives and enhance critical thinking skills.
Poornima acknowledges the challenges of attending to a large number of students in her classes, making it difficult for her to ensure that all students understand the course material. By using ChatGPT, she hopes to provide additional source of information and feedback that can complement their teaching. She also wants to encourage critical thinking skills and broaden perspectives during group discussions.
- Enhance students’ understanding of theoretical perspectives in human resource management and leadership.
- Use ChatGPT as a sparring partner in group discussions to enhance critical thinking and broaden perspectives
- Develop critical thinking skills and improve the ability to analyze biases in data sources
- ChatGPT as a tool for students to reflect on their understanding: The teacher provides students with key questions related to the course content, asking them to reflect on their understanding. Students then use ChatGPT to check their understanding and receive feedback. This exercise encourages students to think critically about the content and consider the limitations of AI-generated responses.
- ChatGPT as a sparring partner in group discussions: Students work in groups of 2-3, using ChatGPT as a fourth partner. As they discuss course topics, students can ask ChatGPT questions to gain additional insights or perspective. This interaction encourages students to think critically about the information provided by ChatGPT and how it applies to different contexts.
In this video, Associate Professor Poornima Luthra shares her experiences with implementing ChatGPT in the classroom. She discusses strategies for promoting critical thinking and addressing AI limitations, while providing guidance for faculty interested in adopting this technology.
As a new tool, ChatGPT may have limitations in terms of accuracy and potential biases in the information provided. Teachers should address these limitations with students and encourage them to maintain a healthy skepticism when using AI-generated information.
- Share with students the limitations and potential biases of ChatGPT to ensure students approach the tool with a critical mindset.
- Prompt students to question the accuracy and relevance of ChatGPT’s responses, comparing them to other sources or discussing them in different contexts.